The American International School in Egypt (AISE) provides a comprehensive and challenging American and international education that fosters informed and engaged local, regional and global citizenship. We inspire students to be lifelong learners who contribute positively to a diverse and changing world.
Providing a co-educational, English language, college preparatory program of studies as well as The International Baccalaureate Diploma Program that culminates in awarding eligible students an American High School Diploma or International Baccalaureate Diploma. A holistic education is provided that encourages high standards of academic achievement, meaningful collaboration, and personal development while supporting the unique needs of each learner. We encourage the expression of multiple perspectives in a safe and nurturing learning environment, such that the cultural identity of each student is valued.
We prepare students to contribute to and thrive in a multicultural society. We support students in the development of skills and learning strategies. Students are encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and well-being. Learning explicitly addresses guided and independent inquiry and investigations, skill development, and thinking strategies for finding solutions to the complex problems inherent in the challenges posed in developing a sustainable and peaceful world.
AIS-Main BELIEF STATEMENTS
At AIS-Main, we believe that each member of the learning community has a commitment to:
- Participate actively and responsibly in his or her own learning;
- Support parent-teacher-student relationships that enable success in learning;
- Understand and appreciate each other as individuals with special interests, aptitudes, and the ability to learn and experience success;
- Support the role of extracurricular activities in enabling students to explore interests and to cultivate unique skills;
- Communicate proficiently using the English language and ensure all students’ first languages are supported to the extent possible;
- Experience and value education as a lifelong process;
- Develop the skills to utilize contemporary technology to enhance further learning;
- Establish and maintain respectful and effective communication and collegiality;
- Develop in all students a sense of personal and social responsibility through demonstrated service to others;
- Respect local, regional, and international perspectives;
- Raising Student Achievement every day, every way
- Can’t Hide That Panther Pride; A Tradition of Educational Excellence