The American International School in Egypt (AISE) has been one of Egypt’s leading schools since it opened its doors to students in 1990. We are proud of all our school has to offer.
- AIS Egypt offers an American curriculum using U.S. textbooks and materials, taught in English by certified North American teachers and leading to the American High School Diploma. The curriculum follows U.S. National Standards as well as Virginia State Standards and is designed to prepare students for entry into highly competitive colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and beyond.
- Qualified students in Grades 11 and 12 are offered the opportunity to earn a full International Baccalaureate Diploma or IB Certificates. IB courses offer students additional challenges and skills and are an especially strong preparation for college and university.
- Students study Arabic language as per the Egyptian Ministry of Education regulations.
- AIS Egypt is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- AIS’s American Diploma is recognized by the Egyptian Ministry of Education as equivalent to the Egyptian General Secondary Certificate. AIS’s International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP) is authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
- AISE serves students Pre-K through Grade 12.
- Approximately 80% of AIS Egypt’s students are Egyptian,15% being from North America and the remaining 5% from over 38 countries.
- Over 1,660 students from 41 countries attend school at the main campus, a beautiful facility in Cairo Festival City.
- Our 51,000 square meter campus in New Cairo, Festival City serves families from all around Cairo including Maadi, Rehab and Heliopolis, and is accessible from Cairo’s other major population centers.
- All classrooms are air conditioned and equipped with Smart Boards.
- Facilities include an all inclusive library and media center, state-of-the-art science and computer laboratories, art and photography studios, a professional theater and auditorium as well as band and vocal music rehearsal and performance rooms.
- Sporting facilities include playgrounds, outdoor courts, an Olympic sized cushioned running track that circles a
regulation size soccer field, an Olympic sized swimming pool, and an air conditioned
- Elementary students participate in periodic after school sessions with classes in arts and crafts, science, cooking, book clubs and sporting activities. Special projects include a annual events like the Walkathon, Sports Day, International Week, and Reading Week.
- Extra-curricular activities
for Middle School students include soccer, basketball, volleyball,
track and field, Key Club, Student Council, and National Junior Honor Society.
- High School students participate in team sports on the junior varsity, varsity, club and national levels, and have the opportunity to be part of extra-curricular activities such as Student Council, National Honor Society, and MUN. AIS Egypt’s Model United Nations (MUN) Program is considered one of the top MUN programs in the region. Our MUN students travel to conferences around the globe, and they host a major MUN conference in Cairo each spring.
FIELD TRIPS AND WEEK WITHOUT WALLS
- All students participate in educational, curriculum based trips to locations in and around Egypt.
- Grade 5 students have participated in educational, curriculum based trips to locations like Cyprus and Turkey.
- Middle School students participate in week long educational, curriculum based trips to destinations outside Cairo. Previous trips have included a Nile cruise to Luxor and Aswan, Washington D.C., Greece and Italy.
- High School students participate in AIS's Week Without Walls Program.Taking place during the last week of February, the program is intended to stretch the boundaries of learning, while providing the opportunity to visit new places and discover new skills. Trips are based on either service and action or cultural experience.
- Our mascot is a panther.
- Our school colors are blue and white.
AIS Egypt is part of Educational Services Overseas Limited (ESOL), a group of nine American and British schools spanning six countries and three continents.
For more information about ESOL Education, please visit www.esolonline.com.