POINTS OF PANTHER PRIDE
The American International School in Egypt (AISE) has been one of Egypt's leading schools since it opened its doors to students in 1990. We are proud of all our school has to offer.
Please check out a few of these Pride Points below.
- AISE offers a full Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12 American curriculum using U.S. textbooks and materials, taught in English by certified North American teachers. The curriculum follows U.S. National Core Curriculum Standards as well as AERO Standards, and leads to an American High School Diploma. Our curriculum is designed to prepare students for entry into highly competitive colleges and universities in the United States, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and beyond.
- Qualified students in Grades 11 and 12 are offered the opportunity to earn a full International Baccalaureate Diploma, or to IB Certificates. IB courses offer students additional challenges and skills and are an especially strong preparation for college and for university.
- Students study Arabic language as per the Egyptian Ministry of Education regulations.
ACCREDITATION AND MEMBERSHIPS
- AISE is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the Council of International Schools.
- Our American Diploma is recognized by the Egyptian Ministry of Education as equivalent to the Egyptian General Secondary Certificate.
- Our International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB DP) is authorized by the International Baccalaureate Organization in Geneva, Switzerland.
- We pride ourselves on our international recognition as we strive for educational excellence and are also a member of the European Council of International Schools, the Council of International Schools, the Near East/South Asia Council of Overseas Schools, the Mediterranean Association of International Schools and the Association for the advancement of International Education.
- We are committed to the advancement of education across all areas of the curriculum, promoting and practicing the ideals and best practice of international education.
For more information about our accreditations and memberships go here.
- AISE serves students Pre-K through Grade 12
- Approximately 80% of AIS Egypt's students are Egyptian, 15% being from North America, and the remaining 5% from over 38 countries
- Nearly 1,700 students attend school at the Main Campus, a beautiful facility in Cairo Festival City.
- Our 51,000 square meter campus in New Cairo, Festival City serves families fro all around Cairo including Maadi, Rehab, and Heliopolis; and is accessible from Cairo's other major population centers.
- All classrooms are air conditioned and equipped with Smart Boards.
- Facilities include an all inclusive library and media center, state-of-the-art science and computer laboratories, art and photography studios, a professional theater and auditorium, as well as band and vocal music rehearsal/performance rooms.
- Sporting facilities include playgrounds, outdoor courts, an Olympic-sized cushioned running track that circles a regulation size soccer field, a 25 meter heated swimming pool, and an air conditioned gymnasium.
- Elementary students participate in periodic after-school sessions with classes in arts and crafts, science, cooking, book clubs, and sporting activities. Special projects include annual events like the Walkathon, Sports Day, International Week, and Reading Week.
- Extra-curricular activities for Middle School students include soccer, basketball, volleyball, track-and-field, Key Club, Student Council, and National Junior Honor Society.
- High School students participate in team sports on the junior varsity, varsity, club, and national levels. They have the opportunity to be part of extra-curricular activities such as Student Council, National Honor Society, and MUN. AISE's Model United Nations (MUN) Program is considered on of the top MUN programs in the region. Our MUN students travel to conferences around the globe, and host a major MUN conference in Cairo each spring.
FIELD TRIPS AND "WEEK WITHOUT WALLS"
- All students participate in educational, curriculum-based trips to locations in and around Egypt.
- Middle School students participate in week-long educational, curriculum-based trips to destinations outside Cairo. Previous trips have included a Nile Cruise to Luxor and Aswan, Washington D.C., Greece, and Italy.
- High School students participate in AISE's "Week Without Walls" program. Taking place during the last week of February, the program is intended to stretch the boundaries of learning, while providing the opportunity to visit new places, and discover new skills. Trips are based on either service and action, or cultural experience.
- Our mascot is a panther.
- Our school colors are blue and white.
- Our school motto is "Raising student achievement every day, every way."